It was a great moment of celebration and visible aura of pride for Staff and Students of Olabisi Onabanjo University as the news of appointment and swearing in of seven Law graduates as Magistrates filtered in to the Campus on Friday, 18th January, 2019.
Four (4) of the Magistrates sworn-in by the Honourable Chief Justice of Ogun State Hon. Justice Mosunmola Dipeolu are: Adeyemi Olaide Adebola (2009 Set), Awosanya Oluwaseyitan Modupe (2009 Set), Okikiolu Oluwatosin Olanrewaju (2009 Set) and Bello Muniru Asamu (2010 Set).
Similarly, three (3)of the Law graduates of the University were also sworn-in by the Honourable Chief Justice of Lagos State Hon. Justice Opeyemi Oke. They are: Tosin Adams (2009 Set) Subulola Grillo Osowe (2003 Set) and Anu Morafa (2010 Set)
It would be recalled that a similar excellent feat was achieved recently by five law graduates of the University who made First Class Grades. Specifically, one of them Mr. Bolaji Qudus Adeoye emerged the overall best male student of the Nigerian Law School, Abuja at the call to bar ceremony held on 29th November, 2018. Bolaji became the cynosure of all eyes at the event as he won five different prizes at the ceremony. These are:
- The Nigerian Bar Association prize for the best male student of the year
- Malam Yusuf Olaolu Ali (SAN) prize for the best male student of the year
- Advice international schools Ltd prize for the best male student of the year
- Hon. Justice Kayode Esho CFR prize for the best student in Professional ethics
- The Director-Generals prize for attaining First Class Grade
The University management under the leadership of the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Ganiyu Olatunji Olatunde staff and students congratulates all the newly sworn-in magistrates and Mr Qudus Adeoye wishing them more success in their future endeavours