The 27th Convocation Ceremonies for the 2016/2017 Academic Session have been scheduled for Tuesday, 23rd to Wednesday 31st January, 2018 at the Main Campus of the University, Ago-Iwoye.
Activities lined up for the Ceremonies and Information to graduands on collection of gowns and other items are as highlighted below:
Tuesday, 23rd – Thursday, 25th January, 2018
- Agric & Engineering Show at the Open Field Opposite ICT Building, Main Campus – 10.00 a.m. daily
Thursday, 25th January, 2018
- Football Match at the University Sports Complex – 4.00 p.m.
Friday, 26th January, 2018
- Jumat Service at the University Mosque, Main Campus – 1: 00 p.m.
- Convocation Play: “Iredi War” – By Sam Ukala at the Pit Theatre, Faculty of Arts – 3: 00 p.m.
Sunday, 28th January, 2018
- Convocation Service at the Chapel of Abundant Life, Main Campus – 10.00 a.m.
Monday, 29th January, 2018
- Convocation and Award of Prizes – Faculties Basic Medical Sciences, Education, Law, Pharmacy, Science and College of Health Sciences at Otunba Gbenga Daniel Lecture Theatre– 10.00 a.m.
Tuesday, 30th January, 2018
- Convocation and Award of Prizes – Faculties of Arts, Social & Management Sciences, College of Agricultural Sciences and College of Engineering & Environmental Studies at Otunba Gbenga Daniel Lecture Theatre– 10.00 a.m.
Wednesday, 31st January, 2018
- Convocation Lecture: “State Universities in Nigeria: Their Problems, Prospects and Our Common Future”
Guest Speaker: Professor Michael O. Faborode, Secretary General, Committee of Vice-Chancellors (CVC) at Otunba Gbenga Daniel Lecture Theatre– 10.00 a.m.
- Convocation and Award of Prizes
Award of Postgraduate Degrees and Conferment of Honorary Degrees.
NOTICE TO GRADUANTS
- Graduands (Bachelors, PGD, Masters) are to pay a sum of thirty-six thousand Naira (N36,000.00) for Academic Gowns, Convocation Brochures, and Scrolls through POS in any of the Bursary Departments of the University Campuses (Ibogun, Ayetoro, Sagamu and Ago-Iwoye) while the University will refund six thousand Naira (N6,000.00) on return of Academic Gowns.
- Ph. D Candidates will have to pay a non-refundable fee of sixty-five thousand (N65,000.00) for the purchase of academic gowns, scrolls and convocation brochures.
College Secretaries/Faculty Officers are expected to commence issuance of Academic Gowns to graduands from Wednesday, 17th January, 2018 in their respective Colleges/Faculties while graduands from Agricultural Sciences, Basic Medical Sciences, Engineering and Environmental Studies, Health Sciences and Pharmacy will collect theirs at the Directorate of Students Affairs.
The University warns that all Academic Gowns collected by graduants must be returned in good condition latest by Thursday 8th February, 2018 to enable them merit the refundable deposit of six thousand naira (N6,000.00) to be credited to their various Bank Accounts.
Any graduand who fails to return the convocation gown within the stipulated deadline will be liable to pay a penalty fee of six thousand naira (N6,000.00) only per week.
All graduands and guests are expected to be seated by 9.00a.m. on the convocation days.
By: Niyi Oduwole